Morning Mix: Greens for Your WildFit AlkaGizer
Morning Mix: Greens for Your WildFit AlkaGizer. Whether you are visiting here because we are #WildFit buddies, you have been listening to this year’s YL Success Summit or simply we have been on similar paths over the years I hope this “Morning Mix” healthy habit adds some value to your mornings!
I notice that most people who “juice” or do “smoothies” in the morning often add a lot of sugar and don’t even realize it. Do you know how much sugar is in a banana? 14 grams of sugar! Most people also use dairy and berries as well adding to a massive sugar shock instead of a well intended nutritious meal.
As I mentioned in this year’s YL Success Summit, I had the honor of participating in Eric Edmeades Get WildFit Challenge . The WildFit challenge goes deep into what our dietary habits are doing to our health. The AlkaGizer is a morning green smoothie that evolves into a VERY addicting, no-to-low-sugar addition to your daily life. #YLSS2016
These daily drinks are a mainstay for me and I’ve learned no-sugar ways to create variety. This morning I realized that I was almost completely OUT of greens in the fridge. EEK! But alas, since we moved and I have a little plot of land, so I headed out to pick swiss chard, green onions, oregano, basil, peppermint and spearmint. (Keep in mind, I live in Las Vegas, desert climate and haven’t even owned grass in over 6 years!)
While it was lovely, it was very savory shall we say. Not the best tasting cold concoction. So what is my fix in cases like this? BROTH! Good ol’ fashioned 24 hour cooked chicken broth. If you heat it and add it to a “no fruit” green, savory smoothie what do you have? Soup! Yummy, nutritious, warming and lovely soup. Pour it into a bowl, add a garnish and grab a spoon. Can you say YUM?
My Basic AlkaGizer recipe with Savory Mixed Greens
* Chives, fresh oregano, basil, peppermint, spearmint, 3/4 fresh jalapeño pepper, swiss chard
(ALL from my garden)
* Fresh cucumber, mint, fennel and cilantro
* 1 whole avocado
* 1 cups of herbal/non-caffeinated tea and a splash of rose water
* 1 cup of bone broth – I like chicken the best
* 2 drops of food grade lime and peppermint essential oil (my add on only add once in glass container)
Yeilds roughly 2-3 quarts you can drink throughout the day.
While you might not like this at first. I challenge you to challenge your tastebuds and loose the fruit for at least a month! Or better yet, take the 90 WildFit Challenge
Disclaimer: I am not paid by Eric or WildFit for my endorsement of this program. I just had a great experience and love the results when I stick to experiencing “Spring” for extended time periods.
*YL Success Summit – Listen Daily for Free (limited Time) – https://pi947.isrefer.com/go/YLSS2016/trayburn/
If ordering package use Promo Code trayburn for $20 off
* Eric Edmeades – https://www.ericedmeades.com/
* Get WildFit – https://www.getwildfit.com/
* AlkaGizer Fast Food post – https://www.thehealthyhabitcoach.com/healthy-recipes/fast-food-wildfit-alkagizer/
* Essential Gluten Free Recipes by Tara Rayburn and Mary Vars (this is NOT fully WildFit compliant)
from Life Science Publishing
* Tara’s Young Living Essential Oil Connection
* Tara’s WildFit Pinterest board – https://www.pinterest.com/tararayburn/wildfit-challenge-march-2016/